Isaiah 9:67 King James Version (KJV)
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
For our New Year's newsletter, we would like to ask for your help in writing an article/survey on the topic "Necessary Endings, New Beginnings". If you have experienced difficult losses, changes, closed doors, etc. but have been blessed in return by new beginnings/open doors, please be involved in this survey and bless others with your blessings. Email us and we will contact you.
Is there a story you wish to see featured in our e-newsletter? We welcome your suggestions, comments and feedback. Please send them to . We would love to hear from you!
Lessons Learned During Hard Times
by Dan & Valerie Malabonga
Dan: I lost job my job in a Washington, D.C. law firm at the end of 2003, when Philippine business became more difficult to obtain in the aftermath of the 1998 Asian currency crisis, and the economic downturn after 9/11. I was jobless for six months. Consequently, we had to survive on Valerie’s substantially lower salary from a non-profit organization. This experience taught us, the hard way, to trust the Lord for His providence and purposes in the midst of adversity.
By Billy Goco Jr.
I remember trying to stick my head in the freezer during the summer days in the Philippines when I was a kid and that was the coldest feeling I knew of before landing in Toronto. I arrived on December 2013 which was considered by many as the worst winter in Toronto in 30 years...
1) The Fellowship & Leadership of IV Cares (Chicago Balikatan) for a successful, moreover Christ-Honoring Annual Christmas Caroling, proceeds of which are designated for IVCF Philippines’ 13th month staff salaries.
2) Our Balikatan Fellowship Groups in the US and Canada for an edifying and inspirational Christmas gathering and celebration. May the bonds of friendship and trust be even more strengthened by Christ, the Foundation of their Faith.
3) Our individual Balikatan Family Members and associates (who may not belong to a Fellowship Group or do not have one in their area) for a thoughtful and purposeful remembrance of Christ’s Birth with loved ones and friends. May this year’s meditations be the best ever yet.
4) For some of us celebrating the holidays and Christmas in particular may be difficult due to grief or other trying circumstances. Some of us are still looking for jobs, struggling with health issues, encountering daily painful emotional or financial challenges. Please spend some intentional time praying for them, reaching out whenever possible to encourage and help them.
5) For others, major decisions have to be made this season that could be life changing, affecting not only themselves but their loved ones, friends and extended connections. Do pray for God’s discernment and wisdom to continue to lead and guide them. May peace prevail whatever the outcome be.
6) Lastly, IVCF Philippines is always on our prayer list! May the leadership, staff, volunteers, students and all affiliates have an earnestly inspiring and joyfilled Christmas. May God’s presence overwhelm each one of them and those they love.
Thank you for your commitment to prayer!